Monday, May 7, 2012

BARSTOOL MAKEOVER

004a
Scrapbook paper + lots and lots of glue = Prettier barstools!  Read on for a how-to.
These poor barstools needed some loving.  They take much abuse in the main hub of our home.  The kitchen island.  They endure spilled drinks, syrup, ice cream, sticky fingers and muddy shoes.  They aid in the occasional cookie theft on top of the refrigerator.  They are bumped up against the island cabinets and turned upside down for impromptu forts.  They’ve seen butts, they’ve seen feet and I dare to say they’ve even been peed on.  Yeah, they were looking pretty bad.
016b
Well that’s no more.  For the past two days they’ve taken a spa vacation and have returned refreshed and feeling new.  An exfoliating scrub down with Comet cleaner with bleach, polished with a fresh coat of black paint and now clothed in beautiful black, grey and white scrapbook paper protected with lots and lots of layers of glue.  I’m hoping the glue will hold up but I’m afraid that they will one day meet up with some kid’s dirty fingernails and be scratched away.  We’ll see if they require something more heavy duty and if I can manage to protect them from their abusers. 
010
In the meantime, I think they are standing with their heads held high.  What do you think?
yvette heart

2 comments:

  1. I love these bar stools.. you did such a great job making them over and I LOVE the paper you used!! I hope it's okay, I just finished a paper crafts round-up showing ways to use pretty paper for home decor and just couldn't help but feature your cute bar stools. You can see it here:
    http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/20-DIY-Home-Decor-Ideas-using-Decorative-Paper#

    Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you so much Jamie! I have to say that 3 months later they are still holding up like the day the glue dried!

    And your roundup is inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...