Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Seatbelt Cover Tutorial

038
Seatbelts can be a pain in the neck.  Literally.  Comfort your little one (or yourself) with this quick and easy tutorial for a seatbelt cover.
039
 
Get ready to whip up as many of these as you have seatbelts in your vehicle because these are so fast and so simple to make.  Plus, you’ll be glad you have them!
032
Materials needed:
  • Two pieces of fabric cut out at 6.5”L x 7.5”W
  • Piece of flannel, fleece or any soft material cut at the same dimension
  • Velcro cut at 6”

033
With right sides of your fabric together, lay your piece of fleece on top and sew around the edges using a 1/2” seam allowance and leaving a gap open to flip right-side out.  (Pictured above, I used a scrap of flannel fabric to use for the cushion inside.
035
Once you have it turned out, give it a good press with your iron and close up the gap.  Add a piece of Velcro to the short side.
036
Turn over to the front side and place the other piece of Velcro about an inch in.  You can fold the fabric in thirds to see where your Velcro will match up.  See photo below.
037
After your Velcro is attached, it is ready to wrap around your seatbelt and protect ya neck.

038

Happy crafting!

 

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the idea! I don't have kids but I would put these on each seatbelt just for decoration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas!! Thank you! I just came a car and I'm still learning to behave on the road. This thing is very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made your seat belt cover today.......it was very easy to make and very cute! Thanks for a fun project for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it fun and useful! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I'm planning to make these for cancer patients at KU MEd. Some patients have a port and it can rub the seat belt shoulder strap. Thanks for the instructions:)

      Delete
  4. Hi...Just came by your site today. My love for crafts has just blossomed and I am finding your site very interesting. I am going to try the photo frame soon :-) Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you added flannel as opposed to interface?

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...