Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hand-carved stamps

stamp of me

With having a full-time job now, crafting is something I have little time for.  Back when I was home all day, I had more time to keep up with my beloved blog and could work on projects and tutorials.  Now-a-days I only have time on the weekends to do things I love.  (I also don’t have time to style photos to be “blog-worthy” either.)

My latest endeavor has been stamp making.  My mother got me carving tools and rubber for my birthday and since then I’ve been hooked!  Here’s a little of what I’ve been making in my spare time.

hand-carved stamps

little boy and girl stamps

boy and girl stamps

kitty stamp

fox stamp

I’m still only a novice but here’s a little of what I’ve learned so far:

  • Speedball products are pretty good.  It seems like that’s what a lot of people use who carve stamps.  The pink rubber is way better than the blue.
  • Take your time.
  • Etsy is great place to start when looking for beginner kits.  This is what I got to start with before I moved to the Speedball stuff.  I still use the tools just as much.
  • YouTube has a great how-to videos.  Here’s one that I liked.
  • Don’t be afraid to dig in! (Pun intended!)

I’m also including a little “Pin-worthy” photo of how I created the stamp I did of myself.

how to hand-carve a stamp from an image

I hope this inspires you to create your own stamps.  It really is fun and you just may surprise yourself!

8 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm glad that you took the time to write a blog "!! Tools for carving a great gift!! And you get a very good!, I also tried it, but I have no tools. I used a knife, and this is not always convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so awesome! You really should get some tools and try it out. So addictive!

      Delete
    2. Please define how to transfer.

      Delete
  2. So excited to find your blog! Love your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much! Welcome, glad to have you!

      Delete
  3. Love your post and blog too... thanks for sharing this awesome post.... if interested you can find here quality coffee machines...

    bean to cup coffee machines
    coffee machines bean to cup
    coffee machines to rent
    coffee machine rental

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I've always thought making stamps was a complicated thing but now you've inspired me to make my own stamp so thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post. My 7yo daughter is stoked to start making stamps with me this summer. Photos to come!

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...