Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bookshelf delight





Follow Me on Pinterest

You know, I just love Ikea's cubby shelves but since I don't live near an Ikea, I've settled with this Martha Stewart cubby shelf I found at Home Depot.  I also don't have the time or funds to build the ones I want.  But for now, this will work and I'm pretty happy with it.  I took out all the board books and put them in my son's room, leaving the paper books for the girls.  They also have another bookshelf where we keep the chapter books.
Let me just say, I am not very good at dressing a bookshelf.  My friend, Tamsyn, is awesome at that task but really, I find this is the best way to keep them nice and accessible.  I've tried to have it all set up like out of a magazine but as much as we read our books it really is pointless.
That little apple is every kid's favorite when they come over.  It jingles when it moves.  I found it at the thrift store for a couple bucks and I think I was more excited than the kids were!

This cute stack of well-worn books is from the Sweet Pickles series.  Does anyone remember those?  I find them at yard sales, the used bookstore, thrift stores, etc.  I don't quite have them all and sometimes I forget which ones we have and end up buying duplicates.  I remember as a kid looking through the map of the town in the back of the books.  My kids seem to like them as well.

What were your favorite books as a kid?  Do you find yourself getting your kids book that you once loved?

 Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...