Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Morning

033043

Welp, my coffee maker died this morning.

Yes, so sad.  I have one of those coffee makers that doesn’t have a carafe but instead has a reservoir built in.  You put your cup up to the lever and like magic, coffee comes out.  This morning, like devil’s magic, it continued to pour out and leaked all over the counter onto the floor.  My brain did not know how to compute the fact that I may not be having my morning cup of joe.  I never start a day without my beloved dark brew.  But I must say, that coffee maker has put in many years of reliable, delicious coffee so I can’t be mad.  On the bright side, I found my french press that I bought like 10 years ago.  Hot water + coffee grinds = happy me!   Problem solved.

This morning at 8 a.m. was my first on-campus class of the semester.  Exercise and Weight Control.  Hey, it was a 1 credit hour class that I needed and who doesn’t like a P.E. class?  So it was time to pull out the old sneakers.  Yes, I know, I don’t wear socks.  Gross.  And yes, my feet do stink.  Don’t judge me, I hate socks.  Nothing a little baking soda won’t fix.  So it turns out this class might actually be what I need.  I’ve wanted to start working out but I find crafting to be more therapeutic but now I have the chance in this class.  Our instructor (a handsome bald black man who coaches the basketball team) said that he would help us to lose, gain or maintain our weight.  In my case it’s maintain.  I would however, like to tone down these man arms I’ve got.  I’ve never had feminine arms at any point in my life.

So are you wondering why I’m rambling on about my morning instead of sharing with you how to execute a fabulous craft?  Yeah, me too.  Sadly, I don’t have a craft for you today but I didn’t want to leave you hanging.  I have a lot of ideas in my head but no finished products.  This weekend was spent doing school work and creating more inventory for my Etsy shop.  I hope you can forgive me and still continue to come back.  I promise I will bring you more funsies and less of my ramblings.  I’ll leave you will this bit of inspiration, though.  I got an email from one of my readers, Charlie.  She made one of her own steering wheel covers using my instructions and even made a felt bead necklace to hang from the mirror like mine!  She sent me a picture and it has just made my day!

image.png

Have a great Monday you guys!

3 comments:

  1. How dare you share musings about your life instead of crafts?! Just kidding. I like posts like these!

    I will also concur that it is difficult to both craft and exercise. This is why I pay someone to force me to exercise at 6 o'clock in the morning.

    Oh, man. I love when I see that someone else has tried a tutorial. Looks like she did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, when I first started blogging, I wasn't much of a blog reader. I mainly used them for ideas and tutorials and never followed any. So that was the mindset I had while coming up with blog posts of my own. But now, I am finding myself pouring over a few blogs that I really enjoy reading and two of them have very little to do about crafts. It's the people behind the blogs that I am captivated by. So now I'm trying to insert more of myself into this blog. Because, to be honest, that's the only unique thing I have to offer is myself. Anyone can write a blog or share crafts, but no one can be me.

      Thanks for reading, Mandy! I enjoy your blog too! (And did you know that I am a Tennessean?)

      Delete
  2. The fabric wall flower tutorial is so amazing. Im really excited to see all the tips. Please post your crafts soon, waiting eagerly

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...