Thursday, August 9, 2012

Make a print with freezer paper

arrow bag 2

I know we’ve all seen our share of tutorials on how to print with freezer paper but I've had so much fun making prints that I’d like to show you my take on it.
Materials I used:
  • Freezer paper
  • Craft knife
  • Acrylic paint
  • Spouncer
  • Iron
arrow stencil
Draw out your picture on the paper side of the freezer paper.  Be careful if you use a sharpie to draw with because if there is any left on the paper it will transfer onto your fabric.  Cut out your picture with a craft knife cutting out what you want to have paint.  This can be a confusing concept if your picture is more detailed.  If you’ve never done it before, start out simple.
arrow stencil 2
Using your iron on a low heat setting without steam, iron the freezer paper shiny side down onto your fabric.  I made the mistake of using my iron on a higher setting with steam on some previous projects and learned that it causes your paper to wrinkle and it doesn’t adhere flat to the fabric.  This will result in bleeding paint.
Use your spouncer (a round sponge used for stenciling) to dap a small amount of paint at a time onto your freezer paper stencil.
arrow stencil 3
After you’ve applied all your paint, lift off the paper carefully while the paint is still a bit wet.  If you pressed the paper onto the fabric correctly, you should have some really crisp lines.
arrow stencil 5
 
I used this paint on clothing and at first, it’s a bit crunchy when the paint dries but after being washed it gets better and stays on.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try freezer paper stencils! These are so cute. Thanks for the nice comment!

    xo
    Diana
    http://unusuallylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm trying your flowers tonight BTW!

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...