Saturday, June 23, 2012

Re-grow your own lettuce


Regrow your own lettuceRegrow your own lettuce
So, who knew?  After we used the leaves from this Romaine lettuce heart, we put the stump in a bowl of water and it started to grow!  My mom saw this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  It actually works!  This one is starting to grow roots so I’m wondering if I should put it in the ground.  I’m not sure what is supposed to happen next.  If anyone knows about this, please leave a comment.  I’d love to hear if anyone has tried this.
 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I tried this with celery. When I planted it in the ground, it did well for a couple of weeks & then died back. But, now it's growing again! Maybe I didn't water it enough? Not very helpful, but...:)

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...