Thursday, May 19, 2011

Riddles riddles


 My ex-husband was helping out at a house renovation when they were tearing out some walls.  This book was found inside one of the walls!  It's a Dr. Suess beginner book called Bennett Cerf's Book of Riddles with drawings by Roy McKie.  The copyright date is 1960.  A very charming book just perfect for my oldest son, Jacob, who is learning to tell jokes.  He is really bad at it but fortunately he's getting better.  This is full of simple question and answer riddles that he's sure to be able to memorize and share with his friends.







 I really like the riddle below.  The previous owner wrote a name next to the illustration.  Perhaps Mary is her sister?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...