Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Closet turned reading nook


The girls has an extra closet in their room that was only used to stuff miscellaneous items into that we weren't using.  So I decided to make it into a reading nook.  I just bought some new power tools so I made the bench and book shelves.  The bench is upholstered in white Naugahyde with a small space to the right under the pink and orange pillow that is a flat surface to serve as a side table.  I made the pendant lampshade out of string and a balloon.  I'm not completely happy with it because I was hoping for a more circular shape instead of looking like a balloon or egg.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result, especially when I see my children use the space as intended!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...