Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Make a felt box

how to make a felt box

I love making things to hold things.  I love containers, boxes, jars, envelopes, bags and anything else that can fit in that category.  So I was super excited when I found this tutorial on How About Orange for how to make a stiffened felt box.  I just love that blog.  Have you ever been there?
I did mine a little different than hers, though.  She made hers from pre-stiffened felt and made a lid for the box.  I didn’t have any stiffened felt but I did have a lot of regular felt and a bottle of fabric stiffener.  Bam!  Stiffened felt!  I’d like to make some larger boxes for the kids toys if I can find some felt for a good price.  Yesterday I entered a give away on I Heart Organizing to win a set of felt boxes from The Land of Nod but I’m not holding my breath.  Her giveaways are like trying to win the lottery. 
how to make a felt box

Would you like to make some of these adorable little boxes?  Head over to How About Orange to see the full how-to with a template.  What would you use your box for?  Would you embellish it or modify it?

5 comments:

  1. What kind of fabric stiffener did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Stiffy. It comes in a white bottle and looks like glue.

      Delete
  2. Very cute! We just bought some Stiffy for our lace jewelry project and have lots leftover.... this is a great way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a long time to dry but I also used way more than I should have. Would love to hear how you do yours! Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy it here!

      Delete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...