Thursday, May 3, 2012

Teacher appreciation gifts

fabric flowers 4
Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week at my daughter’s preschool.  I’ve got ideas for 5 days of gifts.
The preschool sent out a letter about teacher appreciation week and has a daily theme for the week.
  • Monday – “M”essage Day
  • Tuesday – “T”reat Day
  • Wednesday – “W”onderful Picture Day
  • Thursday – “R”ed Apple Day
  • Friday – “F”lower Day
Ellie’s teacher has an assistant, so I need to make gifts for the both of them.  So here’s what I came up with for gifts on each day:

Message Day
thankyou cards
I’m not a scrapbooker so these cards are very simple.  Card stock, colored paper, stamps and grosgrain ribbon.  I left the inside blank for Elle Belle to write a message and draw a picture.

Treat Day
cookie container 1cookie container 2
I figure Ellie can help me make some yummy cookies and we can fill this container with them.  Mmmmm….  I used an empty bread crumb container and covered it in fabric.  (You’ll notice that covering things in fabric is one of my favorite things to do.)  I used the grosgrain ribbon again and stamps.  These are the stamps for words that I like to use.  Believe it or not, I got them for a dollar at Wal-Mart along with the pigment.
stamps
Wonderful Picture Day
drawing
This day is pretty self explanatory.  Framed artwork by Ellie.

Red Apple Day
appletreat
Ok, I know it’s not red.  It’s also not mine.  I found this idea on Pinterest, here is the source.  She has a really interesting recipe for apple dip but my mom has one I’ve always liked that’s a bit less fattening.  All that’s in it is cream cheese and vanilla extract.  Here’s the container I made for it.
apple dipapple dip2

Flower Day
fabric flowers 2fabric flowers 3
This got me super excited because in an earlier post I had made fabric flowers to give to teachers at the end of the year.  So I guess the preschool teachers will be getting theirs early.  In that post I linked to where I found out how to make them.  But while I was making them, I found some easier ways to do it, so keep an eye out for a future tutorial.  My way.

So there you have it.  I’m sure there are a lot of other really good ideas on Pinterest and if you have any ideas or projects you’d like to share, please do!!
See you soon!
 
yvette heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...