Thursday, June 16, 2011

Paper puppets

What do you do when you have an abundance of paper and markers but the kids are tired of drawing?  Make paper puppets!



I often enjoy drawing with my kids.  They like it when I draw them and make different scenes of our family.  My youngest son, Jude, is potty training (and doing quite well I might add) and is always running around in his big boy undies for easy access to the potty.  So he's the one in the yellow shirt on the far left.  Next to him is the second to youngest, my daughter Elliott.  I made sure to add her super curly locks and feature her in a dress (her favorite attire.)  My oldest, Jacob, is a sports enthusiast and is always wearing jersey's (and by always I mean everyday) and UT is his favorite next to the Titans.  Parker is my 6 year old going on 16 so I had to make her as innocent and cutesy as possible.







I colored with markers, cut them out and glued them to craft sticks.  I probably could have used popsicle sticks but I would've had to pick them all up out of the backyard and I'm not too fond of ants.  They all enjoyed carrying around puppets in their likeness and making them talk (and yes, fight) with each other.  Jacob ended up with a torn limb when Jude got a hold of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...