Tuesday, June 12, 2012

GETTING READY FOR THE LAVENDER FESTIVAL

004Lavender Festival is this weekend and I’ve been pumping out the crafts like nobody’s business.  My dining room table looks a-fright and I think I’m about ready to wrap all this chaos up.  Honestly I don’t know how I’ve managed to get anything done with all four of the kiddos home for this summer.  Yesterday, when I put my two youngest down014 for a nap, I was hoping to be able to get a good chunk of sewing done.  Not so.  My 10 year old had me making origami ninja stars and 6-sided cubes for him while my 7 year old was getting frustrated trying to make origami dragons meant for ancient chinese paper folding experts when she’s only a beginner.  By the time I finished helping them with 007their craft projects and performing surgery on an amputated frog leg, I had successfully finished 15 minutes of work in 2 hours time.  Poo.  Good thing I loaded up on coffee.  I had a long day of sewing ahead of me. 

 

 

 

 

011

I tried to enlist the help of my boyfriend’s 14 year old daughter with things like braiding yarn for the dolls.  And while she did a good job with the braids, I think she was more interested in texting.  Teenagers.  She looks real excited doesn’t she?  You can see her phone in front of her there in the photo.  It is never more than a foot away from her at all times.  Luckily the buzz of my machine was enough to drown out the buzz of her phone.  It was like buzz wars.  Anyhow, she did do quite a bit for me and helped entertain my kids too, so for that I am thankful. 

 

 

 

001

So, to date, I think we have used twenty packages of floral wire, ten rolls of floral tape and five bottles of Tacky glue.  That’s just for all the fabric flowers I made with my mom.  I’ve also been pumping out the bows for hair clips and bowties as well as cut out seven dolls.  The dolls are the most time consuming.  I hand sew the eyelashes, mouth and freckles018 then I attach the safety eyes and sew on my label.  I braid yarn for the hair and add fabric to the head for hair as well.  The dolls are pinned together and sewn in concentric curves as well as clipped, turned and stuffed.  That takes me a long time.  I have so many other ideas I would love to do for our booth in the festival but as you can imagine, I just don’t 016have the time.  In the meantime, I’m just going to dream about all the other craft projects I want to start.  Maybe I’ll make thousands of dollars at the festival and I can buy up all the fun supplies at Hobby Lobby!! Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. That's the cutest little doll face. I can't wait to see the finished products, and I too hope that you make thousands of dollars at the festival so that I can vicariously shop Hobby Lobby with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Wouldn't that be fun? I so badly want a Cricut machine. Man, the pretties I would make.....

    ReplyDelete

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...